The Coronado Cultural Arts Commission was established by the City Council on September 26, 2011. It is a seven-member commission charged with providing recommendations and taking action to foster the development and enjoyment of performing, visual, cultural, and other arts in Coronado.
The Commission shall
- Recognize and encourage groups and organizations that enrich Coronado life by bringing cultural and artistic works of art and providing access to a variety of performing arts offering a diverse mix of events;
- Recommend to the City Council policies and practices to develop and promote the arts:
- Advocate for nonprofit and private arts groups operating in and for the benefit of the citizens of Coronado;
- Encourage educational art experiences for children and citizens;
- Acquisition and exhibition of quality works of art; and
- Submit an annual report to the City Council on the state of the arts in Coronado and the activities and plans of the Coronado Cultural Arts Commission.
Regular meetings are held on the first Thursday of each month at 4:30 in the City Council Chambers, 1825 Strand Way.
Click here to access all agendas and approved minutes of the Commission. The regular agendas are posted on the website 72 hours prior to the meeting. The public is invited and encouraged to attend all meetings of the Commission.
Chair Helen Kupka
Vice Chair Brad Willis
Mariah GillespieBill Lowman
Sr. Management Analyst/Arts and Culture Kelly Purvis supports the work of the Cultural Arts Commission.
Contact her at (619) 522-2633 or firstname.lastname@example.org
||Eligible for Re-Appointment
|Chair Helen Kupka
|Vice Chair Brad Willis